* Debbie Lavalley was named 2018 Adjunct Professor of the Year by the staff and students at Lake Erie College.
* Sally Jo Rogus retired after a 55 year career in education - 4 years in Geneva (1963) and a total of 51 years in Madison, teaching 1st and 2nd grades and becoming a principal (18 years). For 29 years, Sally Jo was a Madison majorette advisor. The band awarded her with the Crescendo Award - "a rise to excellence" in 2017-2018 - an adult who makes a connection with kids. Her staff created the SJR Conference Room in her honor - where children come first. Sally Jo and Bill will be spending time with their 2 children and 6 grandchildren.
* Sally Vaidean-Lauer is now a great grandma! Ellie Rose Vaidean arrived on June 2th weighing 8 lbs., 3 oz.
* Nick, Karen Capretta's youngest son is in his 3rd year serving in the Air Force. He received "Airman of the Year" award when stationed in Alconbury, England. He has been deployed to both Turkey and South Korea. He is currently servicing in Belgium for the next 3 years.
* Patti Weinstein was recently appointed to the Mentor Schools Foundation Board.
* Karen Capretta and Annie Zahradnik are part of the Red Raider Preschools "Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports" PBIS Leadership Team. The state has mandated that schools prepare a system for teaching appropriate behaviors. The Red Raider Preschool program was chosen as one of 16 in the State of Ohio to be a "demonstration site" for others looking to see how to address PBIS in the preschool setting.